Parsley has been known since ancient times as a spice in cookery and medicinal plant in medicine. Parsley is the homeland of the eastern Mediterranean, and from there it spread all over the world. Supplemental names are various, depending on the region.
Supplemental names generally refer to this plant and do not determine its species and subspecies:
- Garden parsley ( Petroselinum sativum Hoffm .)
- Curly parsley ( Petroselinum crispum)
- Leaved parsley ( Petroselinum foliosum ) ,
- Bulbous parsley ( Petroselinum tuberosum ) .
Varieties types: with short and long root, with narrow leaves.
Parsley is mostly used to:
- Force the urine in collection of water in the body,
- Swollen due to heart failure ,
- Kidney and bladder diseases ,
- Rheumatism, arthritis, and pain killer.
- Increase dieresis and amplified tone of smooth muscles of the uterus, bowel and bladder (Apio and myristicin in its contain).
- parsley root
- fresh parsley root
- fresh parsley
- fruit / seeds of parsley
Since this is a very famous plant, should not be specifically described or emphasize his way of harvesting, drying and canning. Less frequently used only seeds of parsley, in which case it collects ripening in late autumn. In this case it is necessary to cut protective mature seeds. Dry out and spread evenly on the surface in the shade, after drying throb, the seeds are separated from the chaff screening and sifting, and then dry on the shadow place.
- sugars : glucose, fructose , sucrose, xylose and starch , cellulose in the list of up to 1,4-2,0 %, and the root of 1.1 to 1.4 %, free acid 0.1-0.2 % ( calculated as malic acid ) protein in the leafs of 2.4 to 4.5 % and from 1.5 to 3.2 % in the bud .
- The following ingredients are albumin: glutamic acid, lysine, serine, tyrosine, urea nitrogen ….
- The seed is the most essential oils, from 2.7 to 7 %.
- The root of 20-76 mg% of vitamin C ,
- The leaf of up to 290 mg% vitamin C, and carotene, Tamina, nicotinic acid 3.1 mg% ( 1,000 grams) , folic acid and 2.8 mg% , K -vitamin , and there is a P- vitamin activity, riboflavin . The ash in the list of 1.7 to 3.9 % and from 1.6 to 1.7 % at the root of the potassium, calcium, phosphorus, manganese, boron..
- Manganese has an impact on the increase of vitamin C and carotene,
- Boron increases the sugar content and dry matter.
Parsley tea of leafs:
Take 50 grams of dried, finely powdered leaves of parsley. Cover with ½ liter of boiled water. Drink with or without sugar (personal taste).
This tea is prepared for help against draining and urological problems.
- I tea is a good stain remover on the body ( cosmetics)
- Stains and spots from the face (cosmetics)
- Additional mean against spreading of vitiligo.
Parsley tea water tablets:
(Species diureticae) mixture contains:
- Dried parsley root – 25 grams
- Root rabbit thorn – 25 grams
- Liquorice root – 25 grams
- Fruits spruce – 25 grams
The roots and beans are finely chopped and milled beans. The best way is to do preparation, a short time before cooking the tea. Cook 2 minutes in ½ liter of water 1 tablespoon of the tea mixture, remove from heat and leave covered for 1 hour , after which the strain. Drink three cups of tea a day before every meal, recommended in small sips.
Note: The effect of the tea is different from person to person according the medical problems they have (example – urological problems need different mixture).