Kefir is a delicious nutritious dairy drink originating in the Caucasus.
According to legend, the granules and instructions for its preparation natives get directly from the Prophet Muhammad, along with the commandment about keeping secrets.
The inhabitants of the Caucasus, which are believed to vitality and longevity owed just everyday enjoyment of this healing potion, indeed centuries jealously guarded secret for preparation kefir. In fact, until the moment when it became involved in a love story. Unfortunately, unhappy. But tales for some other time.
And so it began.
From then onwards, kefir gradually spread throughout the world, and in the last year, many were convinced of its medicinal properties.
Medicinal properties of Kefir
This tasty refreshing sour drink made from so-called kefir fungus, although it is actually a symbiotic beneficial bacteria and fungi.
Experience has shown that kefir is beneficial to health, also treats or assists in the treatment of many diseases and ailments.
Regular consumption of Kefir can…
- Strengthens the immune system
- Clean the body of toxins
- Helps establish normal blood pressure
- Reduces cholesterol levels
- Helps with stomach illness
- Restores flora and relieves bowel disease
- Helps with liver disease, kidney and gall bladder
- Cures inflammation (a natural antibiotic)
- Helps with anemia and poor circulation
- Medical treatment of respiratory diseases
- Helps with stress, insomnia, and nervous system diseases
- Slows down the spread of cancer cells
- Active against fungi and bacteria
- Helps with asthma and allergies
Preparation of Kefir
It is important to note that the industry produced kefir not drafted with the help of ‘kefir mushrooms’, but I hop culture bacteria beverage give the same taste but not the quality.
For this reason, kefir is best to prepare the homemade. Method of preparation of kefir is truly simple. You need mushrooms and milk, or kefir grains.
Traditionally, for the preparation of kefir can not use metal pans and spoons, which may undo the beneficial effects of the beverage.
- For half a liter of kefir need two tablespoons of grains and any milk (cow, sheep, and goat).
- Milk can be cooked or uncooked, but should not be hot.
- It is recommended that milk contains less than 2.8% fat – the fat content in milk is higher, kefir is better.
- Pour milk into a glass or plastic container.
- Put beads in the milk.
- Cover (for example, plates), and leave at room temperature for 24 hours. The room temperature should not be higher than 30 degrees.
- Within 24 hours the liquid will thicken. You can stir it occasionally to check density.
- Thereafter, kefir is required strain (recommended to use a plastic colander), pour it into a bottle and refrigerate.
- Mushroom kefir should wash with cold or lukewarm water and a day or two (until the next use) leave in the refrigerator, in cold water or milk.
- Kefir grains will multiply rapidly, which will allow obtaining large quantities of the beverage.
- Drink in order to maintain health and vitality. You can drink daily.
You can start with 100 ml. After, may increase the amount. The therapeutic purposes drink one liter of kefir daily.
Self Help from SelfGrowth.com– -SelfGrowth.com is the most complete guide to information about Self Help on the Internet.