Broccoli (Brassica olearacea italica) is a member of the cabbage family and is hardy plant that provides seed in the same year.
Originating from Asia, at Europe came first on the soil of Italy, because it is called Italian broccoli. Flower buds are formed in grapes which are very dainty. Due to the high content of vitamins in the diet can be used even young leaves and thinner parts of the tree. Plants are rough, the high 120 cm. Ideal climate for growing, its cold, when in the course of the night, they begin to form heads. Usually it groans as autumn crops.
Broccoli popularity, in recent years, has large increase.
- Against Cancer
- Prevention of arteriosclerosis
- Increased cholesterol
- Against free radicals
- Eye Cataract
Broccoli has a very large nutritious value, which, doctors oriented toward alternative medicine- it is recommended as a food for patients recovering from severe diseases.
Ingredient Indole 3-carbinol, estrogen acts on the exchange and protect against hormonally dependent tumors, so it is advisable for women.
As a remedy:
- Broccoli is prepared by cooking, no more than 3-5 minutes only to become softer, and in this case, losing 35% of glukosinolatit (its ingredients-which kills cancer ingredients and enhance the production of antioxidant enzymes).
Important notice: Broccoli is best to consummate bound, splashed with lemon juice, seasoned to taste and mixed with other vegetables.
- Blanched Broccoli: In this way, Broccoli retains precious ingredients. Buy only green and fresh heads, which are immersed in boiling salted water: head for 1 minute, trees- 2 minutes. Always use a lemon, not vinegar for seasoning.
For breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Cook on, 4 sprigs of broccoli until they become soft. Chop the ribbons.
- Mix with juice of lemon and add parsley. Serve with red peppers and olives.