Cinnamon is one of the oldest spices. Records of him are in the Egyptian, Greek and Roman manuscripts. Modern scientific research suggests that cinnamon has a positive effect in many diseases. This spice can help with gastritis, diabetes, high cholesterol, fungal and bacterial infections and many other diseases.
Ceylon and Chinese Cinnamon
Medicinal cinnamon gets just the kind of Cinnamomum zeylanicum Nees , which originates from Sri Lanka (Ceylon cinnamon sticks). Similar composition has cassia (Chinese cinnamon), which is produced from the Cinnamomum cassia Blume, originally from Burma, but it is not healing as Ceylon cinnamon sticks.
The healing properties of Cinnamon :
In the past, cinnamon largely used as a natural remedy for many ailments, and modern scientists have shown its beneficial effects.
Confirmed that Cinnamon…
- Helps with inflammation and infection
- Combat the spread of leukemia and lymphoma
- Relieves indigestion
- Regulates the amount of sugar in the blood
- Helps in weight loss
- Relieves rheumatic pain
- Improves brain activity
- Reduces the amount of bad cholesterol
- Removes fungal infections
- Relieves menstrual problems
- Cinnamon contains high levels of antioxidants and phenols, which help with the infection.
- Antioxidants from cinnamon to stabilize blood sugar levels and reduce cravings for carbohydrates.
- Studies have shown that taking just half a teaspoon of cinnamon per day can reduce the amount of bad cholesterol.
- Cinnamon can be used to relieve pain caused by arthritis .Research conducted by scientists at the U.S. Institute of Agriculture shows that cinnamon suppresses the spread of leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells.
- Cinnamon has an amazing effect on persistent fungal infections that are often resistant to medication.